I'm always shouting the benefits of attending wedding shows (whether as a visitor or an exhibitor), but I don't think I've ever said what *I* love about them! now, I'm the first to admit that they're stressful to organise - have I got enough choice, have I got enough banners, have I got enough EXHIBITORS ... oh the nervous list goes on lol.
So why do I carry on doing what I do? SO MANY reasons!
- I LOVE meeting super talented specialists looking to show their skills to excited couples. To see them go from newbies on the circuit, to fully booked within the year (which I have several success stories of if you'd like to hear) - THAT is wonderful to see.
- I love seeing the RANGE of talents & finding new & intriguing services to showcase. For example, at the Bedford Anti Wedding Show - Your Day Your Way we have ArloArts attending - a paper florist, HOW funky??
- I love meeting couples who are newly engaged & looking for elements to complement their wedding day
- I love showcasing venues. I work with a real mix of type of venue, from inner city hotels to English garden hidden gems, to grand mansion houses, to eclectic designed buildings... & lots in between. it's great to open the doors at wedding shows & have couples say "oh I didn't know this was here! It's beautiful!" It's really satisfying.
- I love the excitement that fills the room. Sure there's nerves too, as we mentally prepare for opening those doors. but come 11am & the couples start coming in, there's a buzz. Everyone coming together to create perfect wedding days time & again... awesome feeling
- I love match making. Now I have a skill, I don't tell people as much as I possibly should but... I can perfectly match couples with their ideal supplier. All I do is have a short chat with them about what they need from, say, a florist, get a feel for their personality, & I can perfectly match them with their perfect florist. Cool huh! The best way to get to know suppliers is to see them at work at my shows, hence why I love that bit 🙂
OK I think that's enough LOVE for one post lol. Tell me, are YOU excited yet? What do YOU love about wedding shows? Bxx
PS Actual photo of me at work summer 2019, couldn't keep the smile off my face.
Photo credit: Two-D Photography
I'm a qualified wedding planner dedicated to designing & creating weddings for alternative couples. Because everyone deserves a wedding as unique as they are